Thursday, November 7, 2013

Whole 30: Days 6-7, I just want a nap…

I do.  I just want a nap.  These people are so spot on sometimes.  Or, I always want a nap and they're just telling me, "hey, today that's ok". 
Okay, so its day 6 and you made it through the last phase without smiting anyone.

Barely.
The thing is, today you don’t feel like you could smite anyone if your life depended on it!
I bet I could.  
It’s 10 am and all you can think about is crawling under your desk for a catnap.

10 am?  This started around 8am morning of day 6.
As the day drags on, the surface of your desk is morphing, from hard wooden surface to snuggly warm pillow, right before your eyes.
Mmm... yes... cat nap in the chair at my desk surrounded by the team.  Yeah, that's ok.  Especially since the attending did the same thing on the other side of the room. 
You hit the gym, but only halfheartedly, unable to face the barbell with any kind of conviction.
Nope, didn't even bother with that on day 6... Day 7 I hit a wall and running was extraordinarily unimpressive. 
You crawl into bed at 8 p.m. only to drag yourself out eleven hours later feeling no more rested than you did the night before.

Hmm... kudos to company and cooking for keeping me awake past 8pm but I will be unpleased to awaken before 6am.
Now your body is learning to efficiently burn fat and protein as its fuel sources, and that takes more effort – and some time. If you can hold out just a bit longer, you’ll definitely reap the benefits. (Besides, you could probably use a day off from the gym anyway, right?)
 Let's go body, pick it up. We have things to do! Day 7 was better than day 6 in that I wasn't quite as sleepy and had energy to do things.  I just had no desire to do anything.  Except for punch everyone in the face (i.e. kill all the things).  Sounds like I back slid to the last phase at the end here.  Really looking forward to the energetic phase.  I do feel much better though and my bowels hate me less so hanging in there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment