Sunday, November 3, 2013

The Whole30: Day 3 - The Hangover?


The hangover phase seems to have passed quickly.  The withdrawl headaches are gone.  The habitual desire to have a diet pepsi in my hand at all hours of the day has not.  But, at least it's now a mind over matter issue not a physical need.  The house is clear of "bad" foods which makes this a million times easier.  I still find myself defaulting to grains to go with things I'm cooking.  I wound up with cauliflower wraps instead of tortillas to hold my fajita veggies and chicken for dinner & lettuce instead of bread for my turkey burger at lunch.  I can't say I really missed either but it definitely would have been easier to have bread and tortillas lying around to grab.

Today was really a decent day.  Sunday off of work.  Sleeping in.  Therapeutic UV radiation.  Cooking and football.  Day 1 of starting to run again -- I will echo others, you hit a wall pretty quickly grain free compared to carb loaded.  But overall so far so good.  And I did have a cooking day today so more new photos are recipes to look forward to.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment