Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Pumpkin sauce take 2

 

 Take #2 on pumpkin sauce. 

Changed from the previous.  The mushrooms I left out which kept the color from browning - though you can see I still added the mushrooms and broccoli to go with it in the end.  I left out the onion and paprika.  I changed the spices a bit and made it more reminiscent of pumpkin pie.  Also thined out a bit with water and almond milk.   Better, and again - I ate and enjoyed this in a variety of ways - but not quite perfect yet. 

 

Servings: 5  (108g or 3/4 cup)
Calories: 65
Nutrition: Carb 10g, Protein 2g, Fat 1g




 Ingredients
2 cup pumpkin puree
6T (3/8 cup) sour cream 
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup water
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp salt
Instructions:
1. Combine pumpkin, milk, water and sour cream in sauce pan over low heat and bring to a simmer.   Add remaining ingredients and cook at a low simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment