Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pumpkin Fries



If you've been following along with my kitchen adventures you heard about my lack of resistance to the super cute pumpkin that made me take him home.  Well, here he is.  
 

 

Cute, yes?  

First there was roasted pumpkin.  Yum.  Now there is baked pumpkin fries.  Yum again.

This is even easier.  As long as you've got a little man power and a sharp knife.  I have very little man power, it took some effort.  Anyhow, cut off the top, cut him in half and scoop out the guts and seeds with a spoon.  
Then, it's just slice and bake.  I tried two versions.  One in big 'wedge' slices and the other more 'fry' sized.   Both turned out great. 

The fries were about 1/4 inch thick.  I sprayed these with olive oil and sprinkled with just a little bit of cinnamon.  Placed on a baking sheet and baked at 350F for 20 minutes, just until the outsides get a little crispy and the insides soften up.   

The slices I did essentially the same thing, they just took a little longer to finish and were cooked for about 30 minutes.  



 Not seen here, I also have some that I cubed in about 1/2 inch squares.  These take a little longer even, 30-40 minutes to soften up.  They're also good with cinnamon.  Or with an Indian tandoori spice rub.  Or with garlic salt.  The possibilities are endless. Too bad it's not pumpkin season year round...
  

No comments:

Post a Comment