Friday, October 18, 2013

Berry applesauces

 

As if I hadn't made enough applesauce previously I made more... a lot more.  Really I just wanted to try it with peel-on green apples and see what color I ended up with.  I was figuring it wouldn't be pink like it was with the red apples before.  

Given the amount of applesauce I made I figured I'd experiment a little bit more and see what happened with I combined it with other fruits.  Turns out, delicious.


       

Applesauce base:
Approximately 3.5 pounds of apples cored and sliced (~1500g)
Combine in large pot with 3 cups water
Once apples are soft blend in blended, food processor or with immersion blender.  I like it a little chunkier so I used the food processor.  


Strawberry applesauce:
1/3 of prepared sauce (about 700g sauce - or prepare as above with 1 pound of apples and 1 cup water)
Combine in food processor with 175g (approx 1.5 cups) strawberries and mix until well blended
Makes 8 servings (1/2 cup or 100g each)
Per serving: 40 calories, 10g carbs, 0 fat, 0 protein

Blueberry applesauce:
1/3 of prepared sauce (about 700g sauce - or prepare as above with 1 pound of apples and 1 cup water)
Combine in food processor with 200g (approx 2 cups) blueberries and mix until well blended
Makes 8 servings (1/2 cup or 100g each)
Per serving: 48 calories, 13g carbs, 0 fat, 0 protein

Raspberry applesauce: 
1/3 of prepared sauce (about 700g sauce - or prepare as above with 1 pound of apples and 1 cup water)
Combine in food processor with 100g (approx 1 cups) raspberries and mix until well blended
Makes 8 servings (1/2 cup or 100g each)
Per serving: 46 calories, 12g carbs, 0 fat, 0 protein



No comments:

Post a Comment